Actually, though it did rain, we didn’t have soggy sandwiches as the NW region’s picnic took place yesterday in the idyllic setting of the Schoenstatt Shrine and we had the use of their tea room. When the rain stopped we were able to explore the shrine and the beautiful gardens. (Explore a guided tour and learn what is Shoenstatt.)
Some of us joined the parish for adoration and Mass beforehand and were delighted to be specially welcomed. Fr Bryan Cunningham, the Rector of the Shrine, was particularly aware of CLC’s history since the Schoenstatt movement began as a Marian Congregation, aka Sodality of Our Lady. (If that means nothing to you, read the story of CLC in the delightful publication God Works Like That which you can read online if you prefer not to order it.)
- How great to meet up with everyone. Schoenstatt is a special place. I hope we can return sometime.
- The rain kept off, the shared table was plentiful and the company was warm and welcoming. Great to catch up with everyone, and best of all was the peacefulness of the chapel and the grounds. Thank you to all who made this a lovely, lovely day.
- Had a lovely day catching up with CLC friends. Thank you for frendship and support.
- A most enjoyable day with all my CLC family, very conviviable and peaceful, a prayer in itself. The shrine was a bonus. Thank you.
- Wonderful to have the opportunity to talk at leisure with members from outside my own group. Great venue and hospitality.
- Lovely to spend time with fellow CLCers. So glad to have a chance to spend time in the shrine. A great day. Thank you for organising this.
- Great to see so many good friends and what a lovely venue! Thank you very much to Swinton CLC and the very kind team at the shrine.
- The time here was lovely: lovely company and fellowship, lovely shrine and its grounds just so beautiful and peaceful. So welcoming.
- Amazed by the shrine – a hidden gem. Beautiful mosaics. I sat looking towards the shrine and felt a great peace. Lovely to meet our CLC brothers and sisters. Thank God.