Let it Be Done Unto Me – The Blessing & Challenge of Saying ‘YES’ to God’s Call to Be a Missionary in a Persecuted Country”
An invitation for a inspirational talk followed by an extended prayer session.
- When: Monday 11th September 2017, at 19:00 for a 19:30 start
- Where: Upper Room, at Mount Street Jesuit Centre (114 Mount Street W1K 3AH, London).
- Speaker: Tricia Bolle, Founder & Program Director of St. Francis Xavier Lay Missionary Society will share with us her experience of evangelisation in Asia, followed by a time of personal and shared prayer.
What are you willing to do for yourfaith? Imagine leaving everything behind and sacrificing a stable future to hop on a plane bound for a region where you can be persecuted for carrying out your mission… and finding the greatest sense of fulfillment and witnessing the unimaginable beauty of the grace of God.
Come join us as we hear from Tricia Bølle, founder of the St. Francis Xavier Lay Missionary Society – a lay missionary apostolate dedicated to training, sending and supporting Catholic laity to share the life and love of Christ in Asia, especially with young adults, through a diverse ministry of evangelisation, faith formation, and social justice. Tricia has had the blessing to serve as a lay missionary for over ten years in Asia, including regions where Christians are still being persecuted. She will share many inspiring stories of faith and dedication from the mission field, and provide greater insight into how God is calling each of us to serve as evangelists of our Christian faith in today’s modern society.
A native of California, Tricia Bølle has been working with young adults in universities and local faith communities for since 2008. After graduating from Stanford University, she founded an educational nonprofit to develop programs and training to promote healthy personal growth and psychological well-being among Chinese university students and young adults. Seeing the pressing need for more missionaries to serve in Asia and to raise awareness about the urgency of mission and evangelisation in the West, in 2012 she founded the St. Francis Xavier Lay Missionary Society.
The session will be organised as it follows:
- 19:00 -19:30 Informal time to share, while others arrive.
- 19:30 – 20:15 Talk with Ms Tricia
- 20:15 – 20:35 Personal time for prayer, reflecting on how Tricia’s experience illuminates our own personal spiritual searches and everyday lives.
- 20:35 – 20:50 Moment of shared prayer. We put in common the fruits of our prayer in an atmosphere of appreciative listening.
- 20:50 – 21:00 End of the session, cleaning up of the room.